Iranian Foreign Ministry: Iran Ready to Respond to Any Situation of Conflict with the U.S.

Ismail Baghaei, spokesperson for the Iranian Foreign Ministry, said Tehran is prepared to respond to any situation arising from a conflict with the United States.

Previously, CNN, citing informed sources, reported that the Pentagon has drafted a list of targets inside Iran, in preparation for potential orders from President Trump to resume attacks on Iran.

Baghaei said during a press conference: "We are ready for any scenario. Iran's armed forces have demonstrated over 40 days of combat operations that we will fully retaliate against any reckless move."

Baghaei also emphasized that Iran is seriously seeking to resolve the conflict through diplomatic means.

On May 17, Trump urged Iran to reach an agreement with the U.S. as soon as possible, stating that time is critical.

On February 28, the U.S. and Israel began attacking targets inside Iran, resulting in more than 3,000 deaths. On April 8, Washington and Tehran announced a ceasefire, but subsequent negotiations held in Islamabad ended without results. There has been no news of renewed hostilities so far, but the U.S. has begun blockading Iran’s ports.

Source: sputniknews

Original article: toutiao.com/article/1865524912950272/

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are those of the author alone.