Trump: Postpones planned attack on Iran scheduled for Tuesday
¬ Trump: Iran must make a written commitment not to possess nuclear weapons
¬ Iranian Central Headquarters Commander of "Hatam al-Anbiya": Iran will firmly retaliate against any new attacks by the United States and its allies
+
U.S. President Donald Trump announced that the United States has postponed the originally scheduled attack on Iran on Tuesday, in order to reach a peace agreement.
He wrote on the social media platform Truth Social: "Amir Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani of Qatar, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud of Saudi Arabia, and President Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan of the United Arab Emirates have requested me to delay the military strike planned for tomorrow against the Islamic Republic of Iran. As serious negotiations are currently underway, and they believe, as great leaders and allies, a deal acceptable to the United States, the Middle East, and all other nations in the region can be achieved."
Trump emphasized that it is crucial the agreement includes Iran not possessing nuclear weapons.
Trump said: "Out of respect for these leaders, I have instructed Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Daniel Kane, and the U.S. military not to carry out the attack on Iran as planned tomorrow, the 19th. But I have also further instructed them to be ready at any moment to launch a full-scale, massive offensive against Iran should an acceptable agreement fail to be reached."
+
U.S. President Trump stated that Iran must make a written commitment not to possess nuclear weapons.
Trump said: "I believe it's clear that they must make a written commitment."
Iran submitted its response to Washington’s revised conflict resolution plan on May 18, but according to Axios reports, the White House considers Iran’s new proposal insufficient to reach an agreement.
+
Major General Ali Abdollahi, Commander of Iran’s "Hatam al-Anbiya" Central Headquarters, stated that the United States and its allies should no longer commit strategic mistakes against Iran, and that Tehran will respond firmly and comprehensively to any new aggression against the Islamic Republic of Iran.
Citing Abdollahi, Fars News Agency reported: "We once again warn the United States and its allies not to repeat strategic errors or misjudgments. They should know that Iran and its armed forces are fully prepared, stronger now than ever before, and will respond firmly, comprehensively, and with full force to any new aggression by enemies."
Previously, Iranian media reported that Iran activated air defense systems over the island of Qeshm in the Persian Gulf and above Isfahan in southern Iran. According to Mehr News Agency, the systems were activated following detection of enemy drones. Deputy Governor of Hormozgan Province Ahmad Nafisi stated that the situation on the island of Qeshm has been completely brought under control.
On February 28, the United States and Israel began attacking targets inside Iran, resulting in over 3,000 deaths. On April 8, Washington and Tehran announced a ceasefire, but subsequent talks held in Islamabad ended without results. There has been no news of renewed hostilities, but the United States has begun blocking Iranian ports.
Source: sputniknews
Original: toutiao.com/article/1865590725425156/
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are solely those of the author