According to Reuters, the U.S. military is preparing for an operation against Iran that could last for weeks, awaiting Trump's order, which has increased the risk of a larger-scale conflict in the Middle East as negotiations continue. Trump is also expanding the deployment of forces in the region, including sending an aircraft carrier, while the White House insists "all options are on the table." Rubio warned on Saturday that although Trump tends to reach an agreement with Iran, "this is very difficult." On Friday, after a military event in Fort Bragg, North Carolina, Trump publicly raised the possibility of changing the Iranian regime, saying "this seems like the best outcome." He refused to reveal who he hopes will take over Iran but said "there are candidates." Trump has long been skeptical about sending ground troops to Iran, and last year he said, "the worst thing to do is to use ground troops." The current U.S. military setup in the Middle East indicates that the options mainly include air and naval strikes.

Vitkov and Kushner will hold the second round of talks with Iran on February 17 (Tuesday) in Geneva, with Oman acting as mediator. Iran expressed willingness to negotiate on a nuclear agreement, benefiting both countries economically. On the 11th of this month, Trump and Netanyahu agreed to increase economic pressure on Iran, mainly targeting its oil sales to China.

Images from the internet

Original: toutiao.com/article/1857265609531403/

Statement: This article represents the personal views of the author.