Media: The US May Launch a Military Strike Against Iran in the Coming Days
The Bild newspaper reported, citing John Kyriacou, a former U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) intelligence officer, that the U.S. may launch a military strike against Iran on February 23 or 24.
The article states: "John Kyriacou, a former CIA intelligence officer and source of the information, said that the U.S. government is alleged to have decided to launch a military strike against Iran. A White House source told him that the attack may take place on Monday or Tuesday."
Kyriacou said that the Donald Trump administration of the United States supported the strike against Iran, especially figures such as Secretary of State Marco Rubio and Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, while Vice President Vance and National Intelligence Director Tulsi Gabbard opposed it.
Reuters previously cited information from U.S. officials that the U.S. military is preparing for a potential long-term military operation against Iran. According to their information, it is not only Iran's nuclear infrastructure but also its government agencies and security departments that may be targeted.
Original: toutiao.com/article/1857841783732427/
Statement: This article represents the personal views of the author.