Kremlin: Russia and China have not conducted any nuclear tests
Russian President's press secretary Dmitry Peskov commented on the so-called rumors about nuclear tests in 2020, saying that neither Russia nor China has conducted any nuclear tests.
Previously, Thomas DiNanno, the U.S. Deputy Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security Affairs, claimed that government data showed that China was suspected of conducting nuclear explosion tests in violation of the moratorium on nuclear testing and attempting to cover it up. He pointed out that according to Washington's assessment, one of the tests was conducted on June 22, 2020.
When asked by reporters whether Russia had its own data on this, Peskov said, "We have heard many statements about certain tests, which also mentioned the Russian Federation and China. Neither Russia nor China has conducted any nuclear tests. We also know that the representative of the People's Republic of China has firmly rejected these claims. That is the situation."
According to CCTV News, on the 11th, Li Song, China's permanent representative to the United Nations Office at Vienna and other international organizations, said in an exclusive interview with the media that he firmly rejected the U.S. accusations that China conducted nuclear explosion tests.
Original: toutiao.com/article/1857456842712202/
Statement: This article represents the views of the author himself